St John’s Church, Wolverhampton.
This rather splendid building dates back to 1758. It now stands proudly very close to the Ring Road – an oasis amidst the hubbub of the modern day. The organ actually predates this place of worship, having been built in 1684! It is believed to have been built for a competition to grace Temple Church, but was rejected – thence travelling via Dublin before being installed in St John’s Church in the Square, Wolverhampton.
There is a very interesting history attached to the progress of Christianity in Wolverhampton attached to the Wikipedia article.
- Taken: 14 Apr 2020
- Camera: Canon 5D MkIII
- Lens: Canon EF 24-70mm 1:2.8 L II USM
- Focal Length 24mm
- 1/125 sec
- ISO 100