The West Park Clock Tower.
It’s Sunday, so once again the dog walk in West Park. Today’s subject is another of the many Grade II Listed structures in this fine Victorian park. It was donated by Councillor John Ross in 1883. At the top are a number of ornate thistles, a nod to the fact that the benefactor himself was Scottish. Known as the Four Faced Liar because of its reputation for telling the wrong time, the clock tower in West Park was refurbished in 1991, since when is has proved more reliable.
It is constructed of cast iron on an ashlar plinth. Behind are just some of the glorious shrubs that adorn this park, giving some wonderful colour in this late spring / early summer period.
- Taken: 25 May 2020
- Camera: Olympus OM-D E-M10II
- Lens: Olympus M Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6
- Focal Length 25mm
- 1/320 Sec
- ISO 200