Former Convent, George Street, Wolverhampton.
This glorious Grade II Listed building, built around 1860, is in the rather splendid George Street. In the distance is St John’s Church in the Square. The building in the foreground was the home of the Sisters of Mercy, with the attached Georgian building behind being Hanover House. Just round to the right can be seen the chapel, which was apparently on the first floor serving this former convent, has more latterly been a Pentecostal church.
Reading the history website, it seems there is some confusion about the conglomerate of buildings that comprised this development. The former chapel itself appears to have recently been sold.
- Taken: 26 May 2020
- Camera: Canon 5D MkIII
- Lens: Canon EF 16-35mm 1:4 L IS USM
- Focal Length 16mm
- 1/125 sec
- ISO 100