Beatties Store, House of Frazer, Wolverhampton.
On the corner of Victoria Street and Darlington Street is this landmark building. The original part of the building, following the street to the left, opened as the Victoria Drapery Supply Stores in 1877. The part of the building down the road to the right (Darlington Street) is clearly a later addition. The whole adds up to what later became Beatties Store still operating under that name, although part of the house of Frazer empire since 2005.
The clock tower on the left was also funded by the store. At its peak, the chain consisted of 12 stores, all based in the West Midlands. Four subsequently closed after takeover and the remaining stores (other than the Wolverhampton one) gradually losing their name in favour of House of Frazer.
- Taken: 11 May 2020
- Camera: Canon 5D MkIII
- Lens: Canon EF 16-35mm 1:4 L IS USM
- Focal Length 20mm
- 1/200 sec
- ISO 100