The Jewellery Quarter of Birmingham has a large collection of former factories. This one was for the Ahronsberg Brothers, Goldsmiths and Jewellers.The brothers, Judah, Albert & Lionel, originally set up round the corner in Albion Street. The company dates back to 1891. By 1916, they had changed their name to Albury Brothers, so this building in Summer Hill Road must predate that change.
Sadly, this fine building is now, like many others in the area, derelict.
- Taken: 24 Dec 2017
- Camera: Olympus OM-D E-M10 MkIIA
- Lens: Olympus 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6
- Focal Length 19mm
- 1/100 Sec
- ISO 200